After the whirlwind of crocheting this spring and summer, I can hardly believe my eyes that it is time again to work on “Mater Matrix Mother and Medium”, and invite you to join me, tomorrow from noon – 3pm! I’ll be making yards and yards of the big crocheted ropes that I need to reinstall the Fiber River on the campus of Agnes Scott College in Atlanta , hosted by the Dalton Gallery, beginning on Oct. 1st, 2009. So, if you never got to crochet with me or are dying for more, please join me tomorrow at SAM‘s Olympic Sculpture Park for their family programs event “The Salmon Return”. They have once again invited me to come join them with a whole host of other programs for kids and adults such as….
Special performance: Roger Fernandes tells stories about salmon at 1 pm.
Visit activity stations by:
- City of Seattle’s Restore Our Waters and Seattle Public Utilities
- Colorific Kids face painting
- Friends of the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery
- Mandy Greer—Mater Matrix Mother and Medium
- The Nature Consortium
- People for Puget Sound
- Salmon-Safe and the Network for Business Innovation and Sustainability (NBIS)
- TASTE Café
University of Washington’s Wetland Ecosystem Team