Originally MMMM was created over the spring and summer of 2009, through an ever-changing series of community events around Seattle, ultimately adding up to more than 30 crochet sessions around the city. This page was originally created to facilitate participation in those events, as they evolved.
Now that MMMM is an on-going project, moving to various communities around the country, the crochet events happen in and around when it is installed. If you want to keep track of when the project is installed and when you can crochet for the installation, follow MMMM on Twitter Follow @matermatrix
I keep this original text from 2009 up on the site as an archive of how the project was created!
- 10th of April, Fri, 6 – 9 pm, Greenwood/Phinney Seattle Summer Streets Festival, at 76-78 and Greenwood Ave.
- 11th of April, Sat, 12 noon-4:30pm, Douglass-Truth Library meeting room, 2300 E. Yesler Way, 206-684-4704, directions
- 14th of April, Tues, 3 – 7:30 pm , Columbia Library meeting room, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1908, directions
- 18th of April, Sat, noon-3 pm, “Climate Day for Kids”, SAM Olympic Sculpture Park, PACCAR Pavillion
- 23rd of April, Thurs, 4-7:30 pm, West Seattle Library meeting room, 2306 42nd Ave. S.W., 206-684-7444, directions
- 25th of April, Sat. , 12 noon-4:30pm, Delridge Library meeting room,5423 Delridge Way S.W.
- 30th of April, Thur, 4 – 7:30pm, Broadview Library meeting room, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-7519, directions
- 2nd of May, Sat, 12:30-4:30 pm, Southwest Library meeting room, 9010 35th Ave. S.W., 206-684-7455, directions
- 3rd of May, Sun, 10 am – 3 pm, “Sustainable West Seattle Festival- Building Resilience”, Wells Fargo SW Alaska St. & 44th Avenue SW, directions
- 8th of May, Fri, 1:45-5:45 pm, High Point Library meeting room, 3411 S.W. Raymond St. , 206-684-7454, directions
- 9th of May, Sat, 11 am – 3:30 pm, Greenwood Library meeting room, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086, directions
- 10th of May, Sun, 10 am – 4 pm, (CHANGE OF TIME, MMMM will be there from 10:30-2pm) “Festival of Trees” with Camp Long, Sandpoint Magnuson Park, 7400 Sandpoint Way NE, Seattle
- 15th of May, Fri, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Ballard “Seattle Summer Streets” Party, 22nd Avenue connecting to Bergen Place Park
- 16th of May, Sat, 12 – 4pm, Broadview Library meeting room, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-7519, directions
- 18th of May, Mon, 11 am – 2 pm, 4Culture Conference Room, 101 Prefontaine Place S.
- 18th of May, Mon, 5:30 pm – 7pm, All City Coffee with SOIL members,125 Prefontaine Place S.
- 23rd of May, Sat., 12 noon – 4:30pm, Ballard Library meeting room, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W. 206-684-4089 , directions
- 24th of May, Sun, 12:30 pm – 4:45 pm, Beacon Hill Library meeting room, 2821 Beacon Ave. S.
- 30th of May, Sat, 11am – 4:45pm, “Delridge Day”, Youngstown Cultural Arts Center, 4408 Delridge Way S.W., 206-935-2917
- 31st of May, Sun., 11 am – 3 pm , Alki “Seattle Summer Streets” Party, Alki Avenue SW from California Way SW to 63rd Avenue SW (Not sure of my location yet)
- 6th of June, Sat, noon – 4 pm, “Celebrating Wildflowers”, SAM Olympic Sculpture Park, PACCAR Pavillion
- 7th of June , Sun, 10 am – 2 pm, SAM Olympic Sculpture Park, outside PACCAR Pavillion (inside if rain), 2901 Western Avenue
- 8th of June, Mon, 11 am – 2 pm, 4Culture Conference Room, 101 Prefontaine Place S.
- 11th of June, Thurs, noon – 4 pm, Camp Long, 5200 35th Ave. SW at Dawson
- 11th of June, Thurs, 6 pm – 8 pm, Columbia City Gallery, 4864 Rainier Ave S.
- 13th of June, Sat, 11 am – 5 pm, Morgan Junction Community Festival with Camp Long, 6401 California Ave. S.W.